School grounds are a wonderful resource to support learning outside the classroom. Children have an instinctive love of open space and using a familiar environment builds individual confidence in exploring and discovering the natural world they live in. When children learn outside they:
- learn to connect with nature in creative and imaginative ways
- develop their social interactions through teamwork
- are free to be curious and ask questions
- are able to explore and investigate
- make observations and learn to connect their thinking
- are happy and emotionally grow stronger
- learn to understand risks and challenges
- learn to problem-solve and learn to be responsible.
Our programmes are designed to enable children to be involved in planning investigations, with lots of practical hand-on activities. They work individually or in small groups to meet set challenges. We review learning and enquiry questions through fun games and feedback discussions.